Many of us are looking for tips to pamper our rugs with basic care, stain removals and deep cleaning. We have the tendency to treat the rugs like the carpets, but rug cleaning is different from carpet cleaning. Rugs are more delicate and more prone to damage if exposed to high foot traffic. Understanding how to clean the rugs is important. All Purpose Solutions in Adelaide has some rug cleaning tips to keep your rugs clean and lasting for years.
1. Basic care for your rugs : Vacuum rugs regularly to remove dirt and to avoid premature wearing out of the rug. If you have pets at home, use a stiff brush to remove the pet hair. Your small rugs can be shaken up in the outdoors regularly to remove dirt and grit. To avoid constant stress on one side, turn your rugs to the opposite side annually.
2. Deep Cleaning Techniques : The care labels on the rugs should be adhered to know if your rug should be dry cleaned, laundered or spot cleaned. Take utmost care while hanging wet rugs to dry on a single clothesline to avoid distorting the shape of the rug as it dries. Few rugs can also be machine-washed on the delicate cycle. The area rugs can be dry cleaned in 12 to 18 months, depending on the use.
3. Blot and don’t rub the stains on your rugs : A mixture of detergent mix, white vinegar and warm water can be used to remove stains of alcohol/tea/coffee/soft-drinks. Dry-solvent spot carpet cleaners should be used for fat-based stains from butter, syrups or gravy. Melted wax and gum on your rugs are best removed with the ice cubes and scraping. For wet acrylic and latex paints, spot clean with detergent solution and dab with rubbing alcohol.
4. Special types of rugs require special cleaning : Woven, handmade, hand-knotted, antique, oriental, coir, grass, hair-on hides, sheepskin, fur, rush or sisal – care differs for the type of rug you have used in your home. You should learn as much as you can from the seller regarding the cleaning and care of the rug, depending on the construction and fibre content.
5. Hire a Rug Cleaning Professional : Cleaning the rug would take enormous amount of time, energy, constant efforts and finance. Hiring professionals come with an advantage of more powerful equipment and professional expertise in rug care, letting you off the burden to handle it alone.
If your rugs and lawn mowing service adelaide, need professional care or you are running out of time to handle the rug cleaning yourself, contact us on 04 5553 3313. We are just a call away.